15 Temmuz 2023 Cumartesi

RHCP Concert Attendees in Three Countries, Serendipity and Generosity

Mad Cool Festival (July 6-8) takes place in Madrid, an alternative music festival for the ones who take live concerts seriously. My brother and his lifelong friends from Turkey are among them. Exactly a week ago, I received a text from my brother with a name and phone number along with fun and funny photos from the concert area. The phone belonged to the wonderful Leslie, a SF-based yoga instructor who invited me for her lesson in San Francisco as a gesture and kindness in return as she was deeply touched by the space-sharing system that my brother and his friends created in the front rows. I took the invitation as I thought it was such a cool thing to offer and it has been ages since my in-person yoga class. In fact, it has been exactly 9 years since my first free yoga class in the cool gray summer of San Francisco.  Aylin accompanied me during and after the class, which was a delight as always. She is funny, transparent and very unique in her own ways. One of the reliable adopted SF family members, a sister with a fire sign. On the way to my temporary home, I felt very relieved and content in a way that I missed a lot (I miss that feeling!) watching the world through pink lenses. Matcha latte, blue matcha, and a smelly and expensive grilled cheese sandwich at Epicurean Trader on Union St. (Cow Hollow)

The yoga class began with Leslie's anecdote on space-sharing and how she gets to meet the two siblings in the same week across the world (Madrid and SF!) She had given me a big hug, thanks, and asked for consent to share the anecdote before that. The yoga studio is called Yoga Flow &  her class took place in the Union St. branch, a spacious one with light colors and large ceiling windows, which I adore in any building. I was soaking with sweat and had to commute two hours from Berkeley (round trip) and spent around 40$ for the occasion but it was worth it. I'm in transition (still) and I can't even diagnose myself whether I'm now an introvert or people's person, or a small-town hippie type who is high sensitive and cannot deal with crowds. 

It turned out that Aylin too attended RHCP concert in LA in the early nineties.  I saw them in Istanbul (September 2012) with my cousin, and Leslie a week ago in Madrid. What brought three of us yesterday was more than serendipity or the love of music: It was the willingness to invest in the time and the good intention towards the Other. This requires a newly defined generosity and sharing that goes beyond money-sharing or charity. It began with my brother's space-sharing which Leslie connected to self-confidence of the space-sharer, and continued with meeting a new person, a new yoga studio, and making an old friend happy! 

AylinCan, happy 9th Anniversary of a -inshallah- much Longer Friendship/Sisterhood! 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder