13 Temmuz 2022 Çarşamba

Boulder and Nature

After multiple postponements here I am in Boulder, Colorado. I am being hosted at a stunning house whose owners have money and taste for its indoors and outdoors decoration, the ideal combination for beautifying the world and one's own wellbeing. I am happily refilling the bird-feeders and eating fresh raspberries on daily basis that ripen so fast that I'm having hard time keeping up. There is something incredible about picking the fruit right on the spot whose delight never fades for someone like me who grew up in a city and watched fruit-picking from animation movies and other TV series for children. 

I told the other day to a colleague that some people are generous at heart, period. This generosity relates mostly their non-attachment and healthy religiosity, basically to a worldview. Unlike most people think, it is not necessarily connected to the amount of wealth that they inherited or accumulated. Unfortunately, I met several people (well educated and impressive on their resume!) who justify their weak generosity by not having enough money. I don't buy the argument.

I had the pleasure of meeting Tom Shepard here in his state of origin! In  the previous blog entry, I mentioned two new friends and he is the second one whom I wanted to talk about. Tom and I met thanks to a common friend who also supports refugee rights and stories with a special focus on LGBTQI+ and thus I got to watch Unsettled first, and then met the director, the wonderful Tom! Here is an artist who is sensitive and knows how to listen to people. Furthermore, he is more than his art in this world. He made an extra effort to get out of his -what some envious lips might call- comfort zone in San Francisco and established a documentary film school for the underprivileged youth:https://www.youthdocumentary.org/ in Colorado Springs. Even this initiative by itself was more than enough for me to have admiration and respect for him for the rest of my life. I'm so happy to have him as a friend and am looking for a possible collaboration for future.  It was so generous of him to drive to Boulder and make sure that we have the most satisfactory time catching up and making plans for the future so that his skills as a film maker can extend beyond the US borders. 

The place I'm staying at is only 3 miles to the heart of the downtown (Pearl Street) and is an easy access via bus (10-12 minutes). I'm drawn to its name: Wonderlands as it does feel to me as Wonderlands that I'm beamed up by the Divine Power.  Power and beauty of Nature here is inexpressible so I will not try here but instead be present in it and cherish every moment.


In gratitude. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder